how to add powerpoint slide with audio embedded into wordpress blog

  • Posts


  • drlej

    Member

    Original poster

    How do I add a PowerPoint slide with an audio recording embedded into it into my blog. Tried going through add media but I am not able to get the slide with the audio to transfer. Thanks for your help

    The blog I need help with is: drlej.wordpress.com

    You can embed a PowerPoint presentation that you have stored on Microsoft OneDrive using this guide. https://en.support.wordpress.com/powerpoint-web-app/

    If you wish to embed SlideShare slides, you can use this guide. https://en.support.wordpress.com/slideshare/

    As far as I know, you cannot upload your powerpoint slides to your WordPress.com site directly. You will have to host them on different powerpoint compatible hosting provider like SlideShare or OneDrive and then link them on your WordPress.com site.

    I hope this helps. Feel free to get back if you have questions and I will be keen on helping you through it!


    drlej

    Member

    Original poster

    Thanks so much.

    How do I access my Microsoft OneDrive when I go to add media.


    drlej

    Member

    Original poster

    Thanks so much.

    How do I access my Microsoft OneDrive when I go to add media.

    You cannot add them using the "Add media" button available on your WordPress.com blog post editor.

    Based on the steps in the link shared earlier, you will see that you will have to generate an embed code first and then use the embed code on the text editor of your WordPress.com blog post.

    I encourage you to read through the first link and you will see the steps there. If you are stuck, please feel free to get back and I will help through it. Thanks!


    drlej

    Member

    Original poster

    Thank you so much for your assistance. I have just been able to get back to this post. I have the id code for Slideshare , but when I enter it on the blog post I'm working on, nothing happens. It just sits there in brackets.

    What am I doing or not doing to get the PowerPoint to show up and "sing".

    Thanks again.

    Note that you will have to post the Slideshare code from WordPress on the HTML view of your WordPress.com blog post editor. Not the Visual view.

    I hope this helps clarify things. Feel free to get back if you have questions related to WordPress.com account and WordPress.com sites and I will be keen on helping you through it!


    drlej

    Member

    Original poster

    Hello, there,

    I am still trying. I followed the above instructions, and when I tried to play the song on the PowerPoint slide, I received this error message:

    This embedded content is no longer valid. If you are the owner of this content, please re-embed this content from SlideShare. Contact us if you have issues re-embedding your content.

    What now? !

  • Author

    Posts

The topic 'how to add powerpoint slide with audio embedded into wordpress blog' is closed to new replies.